Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Home for Christmas

Mark and I spent Christmas weekend with my parents. We had a joyous time. There were 19 people that gathered at my Aunt and Uncle's house. It was a lot of fun. Of all things we ended up playing Bingo! Bingo of all things. I haven't had so much fun in so long! My long lost cousin brought it with her. I am so glad that I am getting to know my cousin. Praise the Lord. She was given up for adoption a long time ago and found us when she was about 30. She is a Christian and had a beautiful personality. I am so glad that God has let us get to know one another. I don't know what I would do if I was adopted? Would I want to see my birthparents or not? I don't know. I guess I would when I was older. I think that it would be confusing to know if I was a child.

My family has many traditions. The church that I grew up in still sings in Swedish on Christmas Eve. It is beautiful! I love the candle light service and being able to listen to the pastor tell a story. All of the people that come to church for Christmas and Easter were there. They were all enticed by what the pastor had to say. It is a wonderful experience. I enjoyed talked to the kids that were in my sunday school classes from years ago. They are all grown up. One is serving our country in the military. A very handsome man and another is getting married. WOW! I feel so old.

Christmas with my parents is not about the presents at all. It is about being together. Visiting people is the best part of it all. I enjoyed visiting some friends from high school. Seeing people from my past is a lot of fun. Seeing the impact that we have made on one another is amazing to see over the years.

A friend has come to me in help because they were depressed about loosing their mother. I felt honored that they would tell me their thoughts and feelings. That is what friends are for and even over the years of not always being in contact...this e-mail things had brought us close to one another once again. Praise the Lord for that.

I thank the Lord for all the good things that he has given me. I praise God that Mark has a wonderful job. I pray for our future and all the things that we will have to endure to move into another home. Please pray for us.

1 Comments:

At 5:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there ##name##.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home